Upcoming Speaking Events
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- The Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art
Panel discussion hosted by the Art History Student Society, Pepperdine University's Career Night in the Arts
Past Speaking Engagements
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- USC Fischer Museum of Art
To RSVP, click here.
Discussion with artists James hd Brown and Marcos Ramírez Erre about the bicultural experience, the value of authenticity, and working as an expat artist.
- Introduced Andres Veiel's documentary, "BEUYS," for the Goethe Institut's German Film Festival at the Egyptian Theatre.
- Opening remarks at The Petersen Automotive Museum for The High Art of Riding Low exhibition.
- Hosted students of Claremont Graduate University for a tour of Bergamot Station and a discussion about re-purposing the train station into an arts complex.
- Participant in a public reading of Elie Wiesel’s memoir “Night” in commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day at Wilshire Boulevard Temple.
- A conversation at the Getty Museum with Susan Jaques, author of “Catherine the Great: Empress of Art.”
- Opening remarks at The Petersen Automotive Museum for The Unconventional Canvases of Keith Haring.
- Remarks at the Goethe-Institut, L.A. screening for documentary, “Eva Hesse.”
- Host of a Q&A at The Getty Museum with Richard Brettell, leading scholar of American Impressionism. Get tickets here.
- Host of a conversation with Pussy Riot, Russian feminist punk protest group, at UCLA’s Center for the Art of Performance at Royce Hall.
- Host of a panel discussion at El Segundo Museum of Art with artists Alison Saar, Rachel Lachowicz, and photographer Jim McHugh, to discuss their contributions to the exhibition, TOUCH, curated by Edward.
- A conversation with photographer Jim McHugh at PhotoLA2016, “On Capturing the LA Art Scene Over the Past 40 Years.”
- Edward moderated a panel discussion at LAM Gallery, about the life and work of the late Los Angeles artist and collector, Miriam Wosk, who was the subject of LAM’s exhibition at the time.
- Edward spoke at the Opening Reception for the exhibition he curated for the El Segundo Museum of Art, TOUCH. TOUCH celebrated the bohemian, creative spirit of LA not only through a selection of original artworks, but also by providing rare photographic access into the studios of the artists who touched a nerve and transformed the city into one of the world’s art capitals. The archives of renowned photographer Jim McHugh hold nearly four decades of rare images chronicling the city and the diversity of artists working there.
- Edward lead a panel at Shulamit Gallery exploring traditional and Jewish themes of exile, migration, and moments of transition with Rabbi Sharon Brous, artist Carol Es, and Shulamit Gallery founder Shula Nazarian.
- Edward gave a lecture at The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, as part of their Art Talk series. His talk, “From Russia with Love: A Life in Art” is open to the public. To get tickets, click here.
- Edward hosted an afternoon of culture for the Consular Press Organization. This event is by invite only.
- Edward will be giving a presentation as part of the University of California at Santa Barbara’s Art Colloquium Series 2014. 5:00PM at Embarcadero Hall on UCSB’s campus. This lecture is free and open to the public. Click HERE to see the poster for this event!
- Join Edward Goldman at The Goethe Institut Los Angeles, where he will host a panel discussion on Art Forgery following a 7:30 screening of “Beltracchi: The Art of Forgery”.
- Edward Goldman was interviewed by Nike Irvin, VP of Programs for California Community Foundation, at the Japanese American National Museum, for the CCF Fellows for Visual Artists during their 2014 Artist Studio Tours.
- Edward Goldman participated in a discussion on art, art collecting, and the important role arts organizations play in a community at The Laguna Art Museum in An Evening With Edward Goldman. This event was open to members of the Laguna Art Museum’s Advisory Circle and Legacy Circle.
- Edward Goldman will be speaking at the 2014 L.A. Art Show as part of its Dialogs L.A. 2014 series. The discussion, “State of the Arts: A Conversation About Collecting Contemporary Art,” will be moderated by Bruce Helander.
- Edward Goldman was invited to speak at Claremont Graduate University’s “Conversations on Art, Culture, and Museums” lecture series.
- Edward Goldman was selected to speak at the 2013 inaugural TedxVeniceBeach, September 14, 2013. Click HERE to see his TedxTalk on YouTube!
- Speaker Profile Page
- Edward’s “Fusing” Inspiration Page for TEDxVeniceBeach
- Edward Goldman was selected to be the juror for the 2013 California Open Exhibition at TAG Gallery, Santa Monica.
Edward Goldman is a frequent guest speaker at art schools, museum events, and business conferences, including:
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- The Getty Center
- Otis College of Art & Design
- California Lutheran University
- Bank of America